Since my latest eye cream discovery, I've been wanting to call out just how important proper care around the eye area is. Your skin varies in thickness depending where on the body it is. One of the thinnest (besides the lips) is around the eyes, so it's especially prone to signs of wear and tear. As they say, eyes are the windows to the soul, so let some light through those windows by keeping them in good shape.
Here are some rules of thumb to keep in mind, along with links to posts I've previously written with more information:
1) Never tug, pull, or rub your eyes. This stresses the skin, leading to fine lines and wrinkles.
2) Don't leave makeup on longer than you have to. When you remove it, do it right to keep the area clean.
3) Take care of your overall health. Dark circles and puffiness under the eyes can indicate you're not getting enough sleep or hydration.
4) Keep the skin hydrated. Look for good ingredients: Green tea extract can help reduce dark under eye circles, and sodium hyaluronate works as a humectant that helps skin retain moisture. As mentioned in #1, never tug or pull when you're applying eye cream! Instead, use a gentle patting motion with less pressure on the finger (I use my pinky!) to help the product absorb in your skin. For an extra treat, use a sheet mask that's especially targeted to treat the eye area like this lacy one from Banila Co.
5) We can't always get the beauty rest we want to help our eyes look perky, youthful, and awake. Thank goodness for makeup! Break out the highlighter and some well-placed shadow to fake it until you make it. One of my favs is the aegyo-sal look.
What are your top tricks to keeping your eyes beautiful? Share in the comments below.
Royal Honey Eye Cream